I remember when Mills House was most recently listed for sale. I was blown away, it really was (is) the house of my dreams.
From the listing:
Rediscover the grace and charm of a bygone era with a heritage-listed haven rich in Brisbane history. An iconic Queenslander, “Mills House” stands proudly at the heart of a sprawling 2,590m2 estate and forms an integral part of the fabric of Yeronga’s days of old. Painstakingly restored and impeccable in every way, today this Federation style masterpiece serves both as a prestigious link to the past and a superb home for future generations to relish.
Surrounded by distinguished residences and in one of the area’s most desirable pockets, “Mills House” is a treasured heirloom which has seen generations of families call this estate home. Once the principal residence of former prominent Brisbane Printer, John Mills, here you can relish the old-world craftsmanship and grandeur and enjoy the finest in family living.
- “Mills House”: 5 bed + studio, 4 bath heritage-listed haven rich in Brisbane history
- An iconic 582m2 Federation style Queenslander at the heart of a sprawling 2,590m2 estate
- Surrounded by distinguished residences and in one of the area’s most desirable pockets
- Rare opportunity to acquire a time-honoured estate shrouded in tranquillity, yet just 5km from CBD
- Once the principal residence of former prominent Brisbane Printer, John Mills
- Nestled amongst established gardens where mature Tallowwood trees punctuate the landscape
- Wide, gabled verandas encircle the home, offering ample vantage points to soak up the greenery
- VJ walls, polished floors, leadlight windows, ornate fireplace and high ceilings add to the original character
- Modern touches, including a sleek kitchen which blends the best of old meets new
- Grand living and dining zone tucked beneath a soaring 4.2m ceiling with a richly restored leadlight inset
- Light and bright games room enjoys a seamless flow onto the veranda
- Sunny, north-facing master bedroom with an ensuite plus 3 bedrooms with built-in robes and an office
- Authentic bathroom with tessellated tiling and a clawfoot bath and a 3rd bathroom off the laundry/mudroom
- Separate studio with bathroom in the backyard, sunroom, home office and parking for four cars
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans plus easy access to public transport
- 150m walk to St Sebastian’s Primary School and 2.2km to Yeronga State School
- Central to parks, river walks, shopping centres, golf courses, hospitals and cafes
Nestled amongst established gardens where mature Tallowwood trees punctuate the landscape, all the traditional hallmarks you’d expect from a home of this era await. Wide, gabled verandas encircle the house, VJ walls, polished floors and leadlight windows adorn the interiors plus an ornate fireplace and high ceilings add to the original character and charm. Paired with this are modern touches, including a sleek kitchen that blends the best of old meets new.
Multiple living zones await too, ready to give all the family space to unwind in style. A grand living and dining zone is tucked beneath a soaring 4.2m ceiling with a richly restored leadlight inset, while the light and bright games room enjoys a seamless flow onto the veranda. Escape to the cosy sunroom with a good book or find yourself one of many pockets of joy to sit back and soak up the greenery of the grounds from this wraparound perch.
The tones of enduring beauty continue with the bedrooms. A north-facing master bedroom is a sunny sanctuary to retreat to, with an ensuite for your convenience. Three more bedrooms all with built-in robes also await, along with an authentic bathroom with tessellated tiling and a clawfoot bath.
Those desiring more independence are catered for with a separate studio with bathroom or unleash your creativity and dedicate this space to your chosen hobby or pastime. Other features include air-conditioning and ceiling fans, a home office and parking for four cars.
The floor plan
Mills House is not for sale. It was last sold for $3.4m in March 2021 by Tyson Clarke of Queensland Sothebys. The address of Mills House is 107 Kadumba Street Yeronga QLD 4104. This is a five bedroom, four bathroom home on 2,590sqm. The old listing is here.
Interested in Queenslanders in the same area? Here’s a pretty porch and gable in Annerley.